To confirm as its beautiful weather we will be back doing yoga in the park at 6.30pm. It is in Roath Pleasure Gardens (the middle one between the roath park and the recreation ground) beside the tennis courts. You will need:
- Mat or old towel to practice on
- Something warm for relaxation – blanket, socks, jumper etc.
- A sense of adventure
But the good news is you don’t need to be experienced or advanced to practice this form of yoga it will be a good mixture of challenging and relaxing poses. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class starts. Any problems finding us my number is 07840 008659. image rights belong to @virginia(ginny)sanderson
A deep heart felt thanks for the dedicated yoga students who came to practice in the park last night. I am excited to be running these pop up sessions over the summer in Roath Pleasure Gardens (weather permitting). To join the session no need to book just turn up with a mat or old towel, warm jumper or blanket, £4 and a curious mind. You can find us by walking over the little white bridge towards the north side of the park where the tennis courts and bowls green is, we will be just to the left of the tennis courts beside the stream.
The Seren Yoga classes book up fast so visit the website to secure your place on those – www.serenyoga.net
Here is a list of the classes I’m teaching in the next fortnight:
- Thursday 10th – Park yoga – Roath Pleasure Gardens (£4) 6.30-7.45pm [TBC weather]
- Sunday 13th July – Intermediate class at Cardiff International Pool 4.15-5.45pm
- Thursday 17th -Park yoga – Roath Pleasure Gardens (£4) 6.30-7.45pm [TBC weather]
- Friday 18th July – Mixed level hot yoga at Seren Yoga 6pm – 7.15pm
- Sunday 20th July – Relaxing Sunday morning hot yoga at Seren Yoga 10.30-11.45am
- Monday 21st July – Mixed level class – Cardiff International Pool 7.30-8.30pm
- Thursday 24th July – Park yoga – Roath Pleasure Gardens (£4) 6.30-7.45pm [TBC weather]
- Friday 25th July – Mixed level hot yoga at Seren Yoga 6pm – 7.15pm
- Sunday 27th July – Relaxing Sunday morning hot yoga at Seren Yoga 10.30-11.45am
At 6.30pm tomorrow we’ll meet by tennis courts in roath pleasure gardens for relaxing flow class. You’ll need a jumper or blanket for relaxation and a mat or old towel to practice on. The class will be £4 and will go to around 7.45pm. Any questions or problems finding me give me a call (07840008659).
The class will be suitable for beginners or more experienced people so do bring along friends and family who are interested. See you on the mat!
Next week I’ll be teaching the following classes:
- Monday 7.30pm – Cardiff International Pool
- Tuesday 6pm Gentle yoga and 7.15pm Hatha yoga with meditation – Heath Community Centre
- Thursday 7pm – Roath Pleasure Gardens outside session [TBC]
For the Roath Pleasure Gardens session you will need to bring your own mat. It will most likely take place in the area near the tennis courts. But this will be weather dependent so all details will be posted the day before if this looking likely to go ahead.
Since the weather is treating us so nicely this summer (touch wood) I have decided to run a few pop up sessions in Roath Park over the coming few months. These will most likely take place first thing in the morning on Saturdays and early evening on Thursdays (weather dependent). They will be donation based classes with a suggested amount of £4 per 1 hour session.
I’ll be posting information on this website regularly or follow me on twitter [@ktbergson] or search for the new rohayoga facebook group for updates with the latest events.
Not sure it will be quite as tropical as my class here on the beach of Colombia, but practicing outside in the park can be really enjoyable whilst its nice weather.
I will once again be teaching at Heath Community Hall this Tuesday 24th June 6pm gentle yoga and 7.15pm hatha yoga with meditation.
Then next month you can catch up with me on the following dates at Seren yoga – this studio is popular so you’re advised to book in advance.
- Friday 18th July 6pm-7.15pm
-Sunday 30th July 10.30-11.45am
-Friday 25th July 6pm-7.15pm
-Sunday 27th July 10.30-11.45am
I am also available for private 1-2-1 classes. See you on the mat!
There is a really exciting new festival starting on The Gower this summer – 3 days of yoga, meeting new people, delicious food, singing, talks, and workshops. Spaces are booking up fast so if you’re keen to join this celebration grab your ticket and get your camping booked ASAP. I look forward to meeting new and old friends there.